ID Card Photo Submission
You must submit a photograph for use on your Oberlin College ID card by June 15, 2017. Photos submitted after this deadline may delay your check-in process when you arrive to campus.
Your ID card gives you access to residence and dining halls, and it includes your Flex Points and Obie Dollars declining balance accounts. You will pick up your ID card when you check in at your residence hall in August.
Submitting a digital photo
All uploaded photos are subject to approval by the ID Card Office. You will be asked via email to upload a different photo if you do not meet our requirements:
- Your photo must be a recent high-resolution color picture of you.
- You must be in front of a plain, light-colored background such as a wall, door, or bedsheet. Being in front of a bright window will darken your face and is not acceptable.
- You must be facing straight forward, including your shoulders, and looking directly at the camera, with your head not tilted.
- Your full head and shoulders must be visible and well-lit. All sides of your head must be within the frame of the photo.
- You may not wear headwear or dark glasses. Corrective lenses are fine as long as your eyes are visible.
- Your face must not be obscured by hair, clothing, hands, or other objects.
- Exaggerated facial expressions are not allowed.
- Other people and animals are not allowed in the photo.
Please click the link below to go to the ID Card Photo Upload page. You will need to sign in using your ObieID username and password. These are the same credentials you use to sign into your OCMail email account. If you have never signed in to your OCMail email account before, you will need to do so before you are able to sign in to the Photo Upload form.
Unable to provide a digital photo?
If you are unable to provide a digital photo, you may submit a printed photograph. Photos will not be accepted if they are printed on plain white paper from a home computer printer. Photos must be printed on photo paper with a sharp focus. Lightly print your name in pencil along the bottom edge on the back of the photograph. Do not apply too much pressure while writing, as that will "dent" the photograph and mar the image.
If you are unable to submit a photo by one of the above methods, please contact us and we will be happy to assist you.
Call us at (440) 775-6210 or email email@example.com.